Prime Minister Shahbaz Sharif has announced the launch of a “sasta petrol, sasta diesel” scheme to help Pakistan’s poor.
This programme primarily benefits people who earn less than Rs. 40,000 per month in their households. The government has set aside Rs. 28 billion to help nearly 14 million marginalised households across India.
How to Apply
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- To register, they must text their Computerized National Identity Card (CNIC) number to 786.
- Wait for Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) to send you a message confirming the payment transfer.
- Residents of Punjab, Sindh, and Balochistan can visit HBL after receiving the message, while residents of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Gilgit Baltistan (GB), and Azad Jammu Kashmir (AJK) can visit Bank Alfalah to claim a Rs. 2,000 subsidy.
This relief will be provided by the government to 8 million BISP-registered families. 6 million non-registered families are included in the relief quota, and they must show proof of a monthly household income of less than Rs. 40,000.
Following are the program’s terms and conditions:
- The relief is available to anyone who has registered for BISP.
- The relief will be available to only one member of a family.
- Married or widowed women are given preference in the programme.
- If a widowed or married woman is not available, a male representative will receive a stipend.
- Subsidy payments will begin shortly after the registration process is completed.
The Finance Ministry has warned of impending fuel rate hikes, which will make daily commuting difficult for many people.